EXPERIENCE: A minimum of one and one-half years of general office clerical, administrative work, or customer service experience is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have a thorough knowledge of Department of State and/or Associated Agencies mail handling instructions. Must have a good working knowledge of the Organization, functions, personnel and practices of the Mission Agency to which mail service is provided. Job holder must have a general understanding of the local/national culture in order to be able to promote a relationship between the Embassy and the local authorities/offices for example, Ministry of Foreign Affairs personnel, Post Office personnel, and other Airline and clearance agents, who are from the local cultural background. Must have knowledge of the embassy’s internal phone structure and be able to operate the embassy’s switchboards to receive, connect, and put calls on hold. Must have knowledge of interpersonal communications, phone etiquette, and local communication customs.
English: Level IV (Fluent) (This may be tested)
Arabic: Level III (Good working knowledge) (This may be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be able to operate computer word processing and spreadsheet Keyboard/data entry (for maintaining a log of invoices) at standard level. (This may be tested)
• Must be able to operate a telephone switchboard, including receiving, connecting, and putting calls on hold.
• Must be able to deliver professional customer service over the phone and exercise proper judgment and accuracy when dealing with telephone calls to the embassy.
• Must be familiar general postal procedures and best practices related to incoming/outbound mail, customer services, and best practices.
• Must have the ability to supervise effectively as required, when placed in the supervisory role.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission in Sudan provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.