Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in international development and project management in the field of community-based health and/or education programs focused on children and/or adolescents (examples include, but are not limited to education, sexual and reproductive health, HIV/AIDS support, economic empowerment, grassroots development, Gender Based Violence).
· Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the PEPFAR program is required.
· Comprehensive understanding of HIV/AIDS prevention and community-based social welfare initiatives, including program design, implementation and evaluation is required.
· Knowledge of the HIV epidemic context in Mozambique, particularly in prevention and gender-based violence program areas is required.
Post may choose to add the phrase “This may be tested” after a language, skill, and/or ability. Review the VA template for specific information.
English- Fluent- Written/Speaking/Reading is required.
Portuguese- Fluent-Written/Speaking/Reading is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
· Strong project management and problem-solving experience
· Strong builder of relationships; demonstrated strength in working in a collaborative manner
· Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
· Outstanding diplomatic skills, works well with others and able to handle conflict with diplomacy and tact.
· Self-starter with strong past of demonstrating initiative
· Strong analytic skills with experience in monitoring and evaluation and data management.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.