EXPERIENCE: At least one year of experience in military, police or security work is required.
- Keep abreast of current threat information, terrorist tactics, and local events that may affect Mission security.
- Be knowledgeable of Mission Organization, offices, buildings, and residences.
- Be knowledgeable of all emergency procedures, guard orders, basic first aid, and firefighting equipment.
- Be knowledgeable of local laws as applied to arrest, use of force, and detention of suspicious individuals.
Limited knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Be able to interpret and apply access control policies as they apply to the various types of visitors.
- Be able to independently and effectively resolve access control conflicts with employees and visitors.
- Be able to apply general and post orders and determine the most appropriate response to any given situation.
- be able to effectively communicate with persons from all socio-economic levels.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.