EXPERIENCE: A total of at least two years (full-time equivalent) of progressively responsible experience in design, creation and packaging of visual and multimedia content for digital marketing, advertising or mass communications purposes, including extensive experience as an advanced end user of industry standard desktop and mobile software applications, internet and related communications technologies and integration of visual content into web content management systems. [Note: candidates considered for this position must provide a portfolio of original work demonstrating visual and multimedia design competence.]
Please address this factor in your application when entering your work experience (under Main Duties & Responsibilities).
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have strong creative skills and detailed knowledge of audio and video production, graphic design, and other visual content creation; understand how online digital properties and communities function; have detailed knowledge of the attitudes of target audience groups and their preferences for specific content, format, and delivery of visual communication. Must have knowledge of trends in regional and international communications patterns and how they affect the host-country communications landscape; general knowledge of digital promotion techniques, audience analysis and analytics, and customer service standards; general knowledge of project management, including defining project objectives, outcomes, and assessment methods. Must have detailed knowledge of legal regulations and procedural guidelines affecting use of visual and multimedia content as well as copyright and other restrictions on use of materials. Must have general knowledge of U.S. foreign policy in the host country and comprehensive knowledge of the Public Diplomacy mission, its role in the Mission goals, and of both traditional and online engagement tools and programs used to convey U.S. foreign policy to the public.
- Education Requirements:
EDUCATION: A University Degree in design, advertising, mass communications, or local equivalent is required.
Please upload the required document to your application.
LANGUAGE (this may be tested):
- English - Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing is required
- Bulgarian - Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing is required
Please address both requirements in your application.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Analytic skills: Must have strong analytic skills to identify target audiences and understand how Mission use of images, graphics, video, and audio can affect their sensitivities. Must be able to perceive the emergence of new audience preferences and trends in information consumption and visual and multimedia norms, in order to produce targeted digital or traditional visual content in support of Mission external engagement. Must be able to analyze content from multiple sources (internal and third-party) and determine when and how to use it in Mission visual products.
- Communication/Interpersonal skills: Must have excellent, documented visual story-telling, written, and oral communication skills to create and adapt visual, audio and printed material for dissemination in English and host-country languages. Must have strong interpersonal skills to maintain Mission-wide collaboration on the creation of visual and multimedia content in support of Mission public engagement. Must be able to contribute to SCC discussions of priority engagement, strategic content, and use of visual and audio materials and dissemination channels. Must have excellent customer relations and interpersonal cross-cultural communication skills. Must be able to tailor communications to fit formal and informal situations and different ethnic, religious and linguistic cultures. Must be able to brief U.S. officers and visitors on host-country communication patterns and trends in digital tools and content dissemination channels for visual communication. Must be able to speak publicly; must bi able to interpret between English and the host-country language for discussions of content production.
- Management skills: Must be able to bring together offices and agencies from across the Mission to identify and share visual and audio content, to identify and resolve problems with use of visual and multimedia content in online or traditional public engagement. Must be able to plan, prioritize and manage multiple projects. Must be able to assess Mission digital production capacity and determine which acquisitions will meet current and future needs.
- Technical skills: Must have detailed knowledge of multiple formats, digital tools and platforms for visual content creation, editing (audio, visual, multimedia and graphic), and distribution through traditional and digital channels. Must be able to create and use photo and video sharing sites, podcasts, video and other digital products. Must be highly skilled in use of digital software and editing tools, content databases and reporting tools. Must be familiar with audience analysis and analytic tools (i.e. Hootsuite, Google Analytics).
- Availability: Must be available to travel throughout Bulgaria to develop professional contacts and create content (photo/video of ambassador's travel, PD programs, etc.).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
To be considered for this position, you must enter the requested information in the Education, Experience and Language sections of your ERA application. Resumes/CVs are not requested and will NOT be reviewed.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.