A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working as a journey-level plumber in the repair and maintenance of plumbing/mechanical systems in commercial or industrial facilities is required. Must have experience working with PVC, CPVC, copper, galvanized, concrete, and black pipe; circulation and well pumps, and water treatment equipment. Candidate must attach copies of relevant service/work experience certificates.
1) Level II (Limited Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested).
2) Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing Sinhala and/or Tamil is required.
Must have a thorough, technical understanding of major building plumbing/mechanical systems and equipment, with a specialty in plumbing systems. Familiarization with general mechanical systems, including domestic hot and cold water piping systems, wastewater piping systems and vent stacks, storm water management systems, chilled water systems, water treatment facilities, swimming pool equipment, fire suppression systems, compressed air systems, and irrigation systems is required. Familiarization with the many different types of pipe and fittings is required. Must know how to work safely on equipment, systems and associated components including the use of lock-out / tag-out safety measure. Knowledge of IBC standards, and fire and life safety codes is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be skilled at reading and interpreting technical documents including layout drawings, as-built drawings, riser diagrams, equipment schedules, operations and maintenance manuals, and other manufacturer’s literature.
- Must have the skills and abilities in the areas of diagnosing and repairing filtration systems, water pumps, hot and cold water systems; testing potable water system components, monitoring of chemical and salt injection systems, and taking equipment readings with various meters; use of hand tools, power tools, and specialty tools to determine appropriate repairs.
- A valid Class "B" driver's license (formerly C, C1) with a clean driving record is required. Must attach a copy of the relevant driving license.