LANGUAGE: Good working knowledge English and German language skills - speaking/reading/writing - are required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: please address this factor in your ERA application under major duties and responsibilities.
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) are required.
- Skills in working with databases is required.
Skills may be tested.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Important Information - read before you continue with your application.
1. We do not accept resumes, curriculum vitas (CVs) or cover letters.
2. You must complete the ERA Application Form and provide as much detailed information, as possible. Only the information listed in the ERA application form will be used to determine your eligibility and whether you meet the position requirements (education, work experience and knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as language).
- List ALL your education in full and include any majors, if any, which show that you meet the educational requirement specific to the advertised position. Please list all educational institutions, not only your latest or highest educational certification. Don’t forget to attach a copy of your degree!
- List your prior work experience. Do not list only the most recent position. Under the tab ‘Major Duties and Responsibilities’, provide as much detail on the duties and responsibilities as they pertain to the advertised position. For positions with multiple duties that only partly meet the experience required, please indicate what percentage of time was spent on the required duties.
- Also under Major Duties and Responsibilities specifically address the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities listed on the vacancy announcement. These will determine whether you are qualified for a position during the screening process.
- Language Requirements – If English and/or German language skills are being advertised for a position, please list each language as required, even if German or English is your native tongue. If you omit listing one of the languages as advertised in the vacancy your application will be disqualified.
3. Documents: please upload all requested and applicable documents that HR has listed for each vacancy. If not specified further within the vacancy announcement, all applications have to be accompanied at a minimum by the universal set of required documents such as educational certificates (please refer to the advertised specific education requirements), copy of passport and work permit/residence permit, if required. Failure to upload the required documents will disqualify your application from further consideration.
Remember, do not attach cover letter or resumes/curriculum vita.
For current employees of the U.S. Mission or Eligible Family Members (EFMs) the same standard rules for submitting applications as listed above apply. EFMs are required to upload specific documentation (travel orders, SF-50s, DD-214 in lieu of passport and residence/work permit) verifying EFM status and possible preferences in hiring. Please do not take providing information for granted and also list your Embassy or Consulate work experience. Your application will need to be able to merit review for eligibility and qualifications by recruitment committees and/or the applicable bureau in Washington.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.