EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in a multilingual, multicultural, multinational, government, education or museum environment with marketing, public relations, communication, or education duties is required.
• Must have a detailed understanding of the full range of Public Diplomacy tactics and tools designed to engage students and youth leaders, and general knowledge of cross-cultural communications.
• Must have full understanding of Public Diplomacy-specific funding authorities and their planning and reporting tools.
• Must have a thorough understanding of the attitudes and preferences of the student and youth audience sector in Morocco, including the regional, ethnic, socio-economic, cultural, and linguistic factors and the religious and educational institutions that shape those attitudes.
• Must have a good knowledge of typical customer service and marketing tools designed to engage specific audience segments, particularly the student and youth sector, in Morocco.
• Must have a good knowledge of the latest trends in experiential learning engagement in related public service institutions such as schools, museums, and training institutes, as relevant for the youth sector.
• Must have a good knowledge of the types of technical and regulatory requirements associated with arts, sports, technical learning camps or other public engagement activities in Morocco.
• Must have a good knowledge of the primary influencers in popular culture, as well as Moroccan institutions, government structures and policies that shape local attitudes toward experiential learning techniques and/or student and youth audiences.
• Must be a practitioner of digital communication tools and practices trending with youth audiences, as well as those used by cultural or idea leaders influential with Morocco’s student and youth sector.
• Must have a good understanding of the complex and changing nature of the information environment, including current trends in the international and Moroccan communications landscape.
- Level IV (Fluency) Speaking, Reading, Writing in English is required.(Language proficiency will be tested)
- Level IV (Fluency) Speaking, Reading, Writing in French is required.(Language proficiency may be tested)
- Level IV (Fluency) Speaking, Reading, Writing in Arabic is required. (Language proficiency may be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must have a strong analytic skills and the ability to conceptualize how best to use innovation and cutting edge experiential learning opportunities to attract student and youth audiences and engage them in positive ways.
• Must be able to advise senior leaders of opportunities to promote Mission experiential learning outreach objectives; identify, analyze, predict and assess student and youth audience attitudes; evaluate the impact of activities and projects and modify approaches for best outcomes.
• Must be able to perceive the emergence of new trends and new sources of influence on student and youth audiences and adjust operations and programming accordingly.
• Must have excellent customer relations, interpersonal cross-cultural communication skills, and be able to identify and engage key figures critical to developing experiential learning priority initiatives.
• Must have the capacity to quickly tailor communications to fit formal and informal situations and different ethnic, religious and linguistic cultural groups; must also have excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking, interviewing for evaluation purposes and writing reports and material for publication.
• Must be able to brief on a variety of issues and interpret between English and Arabic for public programs.
• Must have a strong project management skills, including the ability to establish credibility and lead group participation in projects such as workshops, seminars, conferences, sports and cultural programs, and camps, including activities conducted virtually.
• Must be able to negotiate agreements with partner institutions and manage their fulfillment.
• Must have good keyboarding and data entry skills, and excellent familiarity with electronic discovery tools, in particular the Internet, and standard information retrieval practices and procedures.
• Must have a thorough, detailed knowledge of various computer software programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, and PD-specific software, databases, and reporting tools.
• Must be practiced in using social media and mobile platforms, podcasts, basic photo and video tools to generate group interest and participation.
• Must have good numerical skills to be able to develop and oversee project and grant budgets; must be able to develop descriptive statistical analysis of target audience segments and impact of experiential learning activities and initiatives.
• Must be available to travel throughout Morocco to support experiential learning projects and activities.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.