BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Under the supervision of the Economic-Commercial Chief, the incumbent serves as the Office Manager of the Econ-Commercial Section providing administrative support for a busy, bilingual office, following Embassy and USG guidelines and regulations. S/he will be a highly-organized computer-literate, multi-tasker able to organize and supervise all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of an office.
The incumbent must also coordinate with other offices to facilitate travel arrangements, manage procurement of office supplies, and support the administrative and logistical needs of the section. Duties may include working with Econ-Commercial colleagues to organize meetings, events, receptions, and workshops. S/he should be able to communicate, draft correspondence and solicit information in English and French. The incumbent should also be able to write summary pieces in English of French language articles.
Manages Time and Attendance (T&A) reports for the section. Coordinates appointments for the Economic Counselor and Economic Officer; submits visitor access requests, reserves meeting space and receives visitors. Drafts routine correspondence and communicates with a range of contacts including government, business and civil society leaders to arrange meetings and gather information; Manages e-Country Clearance requests and makes travel, hotel and logistical arrangements to support Econ-Commercial travel and visiting USG officials; Manages the section contact list and coordinates preparation of guest lists for events. Manages fundraising for the annual Independence Day celebration and assists the Commercial Specialist during USA week.Provides backup support to Economic-Commercial colleagues including assistance to the Commercial Specialist in trade and investment promotion activities.
Monitors economic and commercial news to provide summary input for Econ-Commercial staff. Manages files for the Section and prepares staff meeting minutes as needed. Drafts routine action memos for the Ambassador’s participation in Econ Section events. Drafts and manages the clearance and delivery process for Econ diplomatic notes. Performs other duties as assigned.
*Job holder will perform other related duties as assigned( should be added to all PD.
- Supervision Received: The Direct supervisor is the Economic-Commercial Chief, but the incumbent also receives tasks from Economic Officer, Economic Specialist and Commercial Specialist.
- Supervision Exercised: None.
- Available Guidelines: Must work be able to work independently from direct supervision. On occasion may be required to work overtime or outside normal business hours.
- Exercise of Judgment: Considerable judgment is required in identifying appropriate contacts, responding to the telephone, fax, E-mail, and communicating and supporting visiting USG delegations. Must have good interpersonal and communication skills for dealing with Embassy personnel and outside organizations.
- Authority to Make Commitments: None.
- Nature, Level and Purpose of Contacts: Mustdevelop and maintain contacts with Senegalese Government and private sector officials. These contacts range from working level to senior government or company executive level. Maintain relations with officials of selected regional and international organizations located in Senegal, such as GIABA, IMF, World Bank, ANAM, DP WORLD, etc.... Arranges appointment and field visit for visiting senior USG and private sector officials.
- Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level: Six months.