EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five (5) years’ experience working as a project manager/supervisor/foreman at a manufacturing plant, major resort, hospital, office complex, or a large university/school system managing a preventative maintenance program that incorporates or utilizes a CMMS to track scheduled and unscheduled maintenance requests and their related expenses. The incumbents work experience must demonstrate a progression of increased responsibility throughout their career, including developing scopes of work, construction documents (plans and specifications) and cost estimates for new construction projects, building repairs, equipment overhauls, and equipment replacement schedules is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: The incumbent must have superior knowledge, exceptional technical skills, and a thorough understanding of preventive maintenance techniques and practices, and the use of KPIs in managing an effective preventive maintenance program. Must be thoroughly familiar with heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems with an in-depth understanding of thermodynamics and how they apply to HVAC theories and principles, well-versed in HVAC controls including motor starters, thermostats, humidistats, variable frequency drive (VFD) motors and controllers, motorized and gravity dampers, building pressurization, building automation systems and sensors; a thorough understanding of International Building Code standards, mechanical / ASHREA standards, indoor air quality standards, ductwork sizing and air flow principles, and fire and life safety codes. Must have excellent knowledge of power generation and electrical distribution systems, voltage regulation, automatic transfer switches, branch circuit electrical wiring, and Ohms law. Must be an experienced supervisor capable of managing a medium size maintenance staff of 10-25 subordinate personnel. Proficient in the use of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point etc.) AutoCAD and other special computer programs required for this position.
English: Level IV (Fluent, speaking, reading and writing) is required. (This may be tested)
Arabic: Level IV (Fluent, speaking, reading and writing) is required. (This may be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The incumbent will have superior ability and skills in the following areas:
- Work independently with minimal supervision from the Senior/Deputy Facility Manager;
- Able to serve as the acting Facility Manager in his/hers absence ; .
- Develop and manage work plans for self and others including the distribution of work assignments to facility maintenance personnel;
- Manage an effective preventive maintenance program, using CMMS software;
- Develop statements of work, perform feasibility studies for proposed projects, draft and assemble construction documents (plans and specifications), and cost estimates;
- Maintain an adequate inventory of critical spare parts and specialized tools for equipment and systems;
- Assist in developing annual budgets, responses to DOS requests for facility data, and tracking of unscheduled maintenance issues;
- Apply International Building Code and industry best practices to facility management and small, Post-managed projects.
- Must be able to read and understand civil, structural, mechanical and electrical drawings including as-built and new project layout drawings, equipment schedules, wiring schematics, and riser diagrams; and,skilled at writing detailed technical reports that may include translating technical jargon into laymen’s language.
- Must have a driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to handle a large workload and multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be highly organized.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.