EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five (5) years skilled manual experience in full journeyman: skilled plumber, carpenter, mechanic, welder and at least one (1) year of supervisory skills is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must has knowledge of: Methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in building construction, maintenance, and repair work; methods used in requisitioning, receiving, checking, storing, and issuing materials and supplies; principles of effective supervision; codes, rules, regulations, safety orders and safety practices applying to the various building trades; the Department of State affirmative action program objectives; a manager’s role in the affirmative action program and the processes available to meet affirmative action objectives. Must understand the relationship between the different building trades and the order of work. Knowledge reading blue-prints, interpreting maintenance plans and technical literature required. General computer literacy is required. Knowledge of U.S. building, trade standards, construction, fire and safety codes and standard is preferred.
- Education Requirements:
Completion of secondary school is required.
English: Level III (Good working knowledge, speaking, reading and writing) is required. (This may be tested)
Arabic: Level III (Good working knowledge, speaking, reading and writing) is required. (This may be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability of meet and deal tactfully and courteously with fellow employees, subordinates, supervisory personnel, junior and senior Foreign Service officers, vendors and contractors.
- The incumbent must be administratively active in his/her role as a supervisor and is responsible for all administrative actions for subordinates. These duties include performance appraisals, counseling, awards, corrective action, and preparation of time and attendance records
- Ability to assign, supervise, and inspect the work of building trades journeyperson, workers, and trades helpers; read and interpret blueprints and work from plans and specifications; estimate material and labor requirements; analyze situation accurately and adopt an effective course of action; keep accurate records and prepare reports; effectively contribute to the mission on a daily basis by meeting each requirement by effective supervision and efficient use of materials.
- Must have the ability to self-plan and schedule work assignments of subordinates accordingly for best use of time. Ability to use a variety of powered, non-powered and powered hand tools, shop equipment such as table saws, sanders, grinders, paint spraying equipment, locksmith tools, and a variety of painting and wood finishing tools and equipment.
- A valid Sudanese driving license is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.