UTILITY METER MANAGEMENT: 35%
1. Responsible for managing the utility meter readings for the Embassy compound (NEC), the CDC off-site office space and over 100 government-owned and leased residences in Post’s housing pool.
2. Meter Reading Coordination: Ensures that DAWASCO (water utility) and TANESCO (electricity utility) make timely and accurate readings of water and electric meters for the NEC, CDC office, and all residences. Keeps utility companies apprised of the most current list of Embassy meters and locations. Coordinates appropriate security access for the utilities to the properties as needed for monthly meter readings. Completes monthly spot checks of a selection of residential property access records to ensure meter readings are taking place.
3. Meter Troubleshooting/Resolution: Fosters a robust working relationship with key utility company contacts to ensure accurate meter readings for billing statements. When monthly consumption is unusually high, initiates and coordinates a timely review of the meter reading with the utility company. Actively works with the utility company to promptly resolve issues ranging from incorrect meter readings to water leaks, coordinating with internal Embassy offices as required.
DATA ENTRY TREES UTILITY MODULE: 60%
1. Responsible for the monthly entry of utility data for electricity, water and generator diesel fuel consumption into the TREES utility module for meters and generator diesel tanks at the NEC, CDC office and over 100 government-owned and leased residences in Post’s housing pool. Data entry includes dates of consumption, consumption units, monthly cost and meter readings for each meter/property.
2. Must coordinate closely with the Budget and Fiscal Voucher Examiners and Budget Analysts to promptly receive copies of utility bills and diesel fuel consumption. Must complete precise, accurate data entry of all properties under compressed time schedule to ensure electronic submission to the Overseas Building Office (OBO) within two weeks of receipt of bills.
3. Produces a monthly TREES-generated usage report for the Management Officer, General Services Officer and Financial Management Officer’s review. Identifies unusual consumption in a given month and pro-actively works with the utility company and internal Embassy offices to resolve any outstanding issues.
TREES/UTILITY SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT: 5%
1. Serves as Post’s primary subject matter expert on TREES. Serves as the primary point of contact between OBO and Post for all data entry related issues. Keeps abreast of all changes to the TREES software and OBO TREES reporting requirements.
2.Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisory Voucher Examiner, the Financial Specialist, or the FMO.