TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By creating an account (login and password), I understand and expressly consent to the following:
- The information that I provide while filling out this online employment application form and completing the application process, including possibly sensitive data, will be transferred online, stored, and processed on a server in the United States of America. This information may or may not be provided the same level of data protection as provided in my home country.
- The information that I provide will be retained and destroyed in accordance with U.S. Department of State record retention policies and procedures.
- The information that I provide will be reviewed and used for official purposes by the government of the United States of America.
- All data transfers via the internet are not 100% secure and there might be some security vulnerabilities.
- I may decide not to consent to these terms, but, if I do not consent to all of these terms, then I agree not to proceed with creating an account or moving forward with filling out the application, and I understand that I will not be considered for hiring.
OMB APPROVAL NO. 1405-0189
ESTIMATED BURDEN: 15 minutes
PRIVACY AND PAPERWORK REDUCTION ACT STATEMENTS (For U.S. Citizens and Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S.)
AUTHORITIES - The information is sought pursuant to The Foreign Service Act of 1980, as amended, and 22 U.S.C. 2669(c). Your social security number (SSN) maybe used to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of the individual, pursuant to Executive Order 9397, as amended.
PURPOSE - The information solicited on this form will be used to establish your eligibility and qualifications for job vacancies at U.S. Missions.
ROUTINE USES - The information may be shared with other federal agencies to the extent relevant and necessary for that agency to make employment decisions and to a Congressional Office in response to your written request. More information on Routine Uses can be found in System of Records Notices State-31, Human Resource Records, and OPM/GOVT-5, Recruiting, Examining, and Placement Records.
DISCLOSURE - Disclosure of this information, including your social security number, is voluntary. Failure to provide the requested information may result in your application not receiving full consideration or being delayed for consideration.
BURDEN - Public reporting burden for this collection of information is estimated to average one (1) hour per response, including time required for searching existing data sources, gathering the necessary documentation, providing the information and/or documents required, and reviewing the final collection. You do not have to supply this information unless this collection displays a currently valid OMB control number. If you have comments on the accuracy of this burden estimate and/or recommendations for reducing it, please send them to: HR/OE, SA-22, 1800 G Street, NW, Washington, DC 20006.